Monday, July 31, 2006

Responsibility

With the destruction and deliberate targetting of civilians and the yelling of 'it's their fault' at everyone else, I'm struck by the inability of anyone to accept responsibilty.
'We did that because you did this' or usually 'because we thought you might do the other' is like an iron weight around our necks. War is always fought at civilians and always has been. [The uniforms were just for decoration].
It is just the same degree of death whether by stone ax or laser guided munition. Fuck collateral damage : what is meant is "they might take over the world / my street / the shop at the corner". "THEY" the other, not I not WE. The spuriously constructed US which is used to justify just about anything.

And now these pages are patrolled by rapid response units of apparatchiks from any nation with the wits to hire them.
The easy way to tell is to look at the profile -
set up this month?
their own functioning blog?
lots of views of profile?
Meanwhile back at the Ministry of Information...

17 years ago I met a spy in a hotel carpark in Hungary. He told me he was a salesman for a plastic bag manufacturer in Belgium and then he asked me 500 questions about why I was in this obscure little town in an 'official' hotel. Apparently satisfied he skipped away and I never saw him around the hotel. He is probably head of the blog squad for somewhere other than Belgium.
P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home