Friday, December 01, 2006

In memory of Rabid Amin


On 19.11.06 Rabid Amin, known as Rakkah, was murdered in Bolton in the UK. He was stabbed 12 times by a 19 year old man who was caught a couple of days later.
Rakkah's family are torn to shreds, his father is nearly 80 is the strongest. He told me 'God can't do anything bad for me'. He had chosen the site of his grave in a village in the mountains of Pakistan. Now it will be Rakkah's grave.
I had known him since he was a little kid and I'll remember him as a smiling handsome young man. He had a wife but sadly no children. I went to pay my respects but left before the prayers.
I stopped on the long way home and saw a brief chalk line of vapor trail. Something that Rakkah will never see again and which describes all our lives - brief almost accidental event of stunning beauty fading out.
Rest in peace
P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home